Trapp House, Coconut Grove, FL
The City of Miami designated Historic 1870’s masonry vernacular structure known as the Trapp House, along with its additional properties totaling 3.2 acres, has been restored to preserve its cultural history, natural surrounding landscape and historic architecture. Site design and landscape restoration was completed in August, 2012. The scope of work included the preparation of tree mitigation and planting plans, hardscape design, construction documents, agency review and daily contractor interaction. The completed project exhibits a restored landscape reflective of “Old Florida” with several relocated Royal Palms from on-site along the entry drive. A tropical rockland hardwood hammock along with the protected geologic formation called the “Silver Bluff” has once again come to life.